Thursday, July 24, 2008

Gypsy Rose on a Gypsy Road


El Camino, beautiful mullet of the automotive world. Business in the front, party in the back, and my latest purchase to circumvent self-examination. When I die, load my coffin in the bed of the royal blue beast and navigate my corpse through city streets with a caravan of mourners in tow, blaring “November Rain” or anything that sounds remotely like Atomic Rooster’s "Death Walks Behind You." Then, dissolve my body in lye and store the brown, syrupy residue in a jar on the kitchen counter until it solidifies.
If you don’t wish you had one of these pulchritudinous machines, you are either:
a) Subconsciously repressing ghastly childhood memories,
b) Devoid of a soul, or
c) In a state of Enlightenment, which is the complete destruction of delusion and the consequent ending of craving and ill will; thus realizing the Second Noble Truth, which states that the direct cause of suffering is desire. Good for you.







4 comments:

overworked said...

Your chariot is in a class by itself. Not only is it pulchritudinous (I admit I had to look that one up), but a fun ride that provides diversional thoughts to the older generation of a carefree youth long gone. Some day you'll say "Those were the days..."

Tracey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DJ Tanner said...

Did you know the 1985-88 El Caminos were produced in Ramos Arizpe, Mexico? ...Yes, that is the same Ramos Arizpe where the Plan de Guadalupe (translated: Plan of Guadalupe) was signed at in 1913 amid the Mexican Revolution.

I hope you enjoyed this FUN FACT as much as I enjoyed your narrative.

We can only guess if Victoriano Huerta would have driven an El Camino if he were alive today... What do you think?

Tracey said...

Hail the Camino! I'm your ride or die bizzo 'til the end.